Covid-19 Policy Update
On Tuesday evening, March 17th, the CDC recommended that all routine eye care be deferred until further notice, in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community.
As of 3/19/20, We made the decision to reschedule all routine eye examinations in both of our offices.
Please be assured that we are still available for any urgent and emergent issues as well as help you with routine matters during this challenging time.
What does this mean?
1) If you are scheduled for your routine eye examination on any date before April 20th we will contact you to reschedule your appointment.
2) If you have glasses or contacts to pick up, we are currently providing curbside delivery to help keep our staff and patients safe and for your convenience! Also, if you need to replace eyeglasses or contact lenses please contact us and we will assist you until you can come in for a visit. Expiration dates may be extended on a case by case basis.
3) If you are running out of an eye drop medication, please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
4) If you have an ocular emergency we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call our office at 509-662-9671 or 509-548-7379 (Leavenworth) and wait for instructions at the end of the message. We have consolidated all emergency care to our Wenatchee office.
5) During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care. Do not go to work, school, or public areas. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
6) Please remember that 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild and resolve within a week. However, if you feel your symptoms are worsening, call ahead before visiting your doctor’s office or emergency department and tell them you may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients.
The CDC has many wonderful resources. Arming yourself and your family with clear information will help you avoid undue stress.
We have asked our staff to reduce hours to match our patient needs and stay at home as much as possible until further notice. This is to protect them and our patients. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.
Together we will weather this storm.
With sincerest wishes for your continued good health, we remain at your service.
Drs. Barnes, Donaghey & Renard
Phone (509) 662-9671