Updated Covid-19 Information
On Tuesday evening, March 17th, the CDC recommended that all routine eye care be deferred until further notice, in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community.
As of 3/19/20, We made the decision to reschedule all routine eye examinations in both of our offices.
Please be assured that we are still available for any urgent and emergent issues as well as help you navigate any routine matters during this challenging time.
What does this mean?
- We have been using this down time to fine tune and update office systems and policies, in order to come back better than ever. Dr. Barnes and Dr. Donaghey even got the basement cleaned out this week! However, our team is anxious to get back to work serving all of you that we love. We are currently strategizing for at least a partial reopening for routine care the first week of May; as federal and state regulations allow. If you are scheduled for your routine eye examination on any date through May 4th we will contact you to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- We are currently offering FREE DIRECT SHIPPING on all contact lens orders, simply visit our newly updated online store at https://wenatchee.myclstore.com/ to place your order. If you need to replace contacts OR eyeglasses you can also call or text us and we will assist you; expiration dates may be extended on a case by case basis. If you have glasses or contacts to pick up, we are currently providing curbside delivery for the safety of our staff and patients, and for your convenience!
- It is important to continue all ocular vitamins and supplements that have been prescribed for you, as these help control chronic conditions such as Macular Degeneration and Dry Eye Syndrome. All vitamins and supplements will continue to be available for curbside pickup and can also be mailed directly to you. Again, please call or text us if you need to place an order.
- If you are running out of an eye drop medication, please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
- If you have an ocular emergency we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call our office at 509-662-9671 or 509-548-7379 (Leavenworth) and wait for instructions at the end of the message. We have consolidated all emergency care to our Wenatchee office.
- During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for those that are necessary. Please avoid public places and gatherings whenever possible. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- Please remember that up to 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild and resolve within a week. However, if you feel your symptoms are worsening, call ahead before visiting your doctor’s office or emergency department and tell them you may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients.
The CDC has many wonderful resources. Arming yourself and your family with clear information will help you avoid undue stress.
We have asked our staff to reduce hours to match our patient needs and stay at home as much as possible until further notice. This is to protect you, our patients, and our staff. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.
Together we will weather this storm.
With sincerest wishes for your continued good health, we remain at your service.
Drs. Barnes, Donaghey & Renard
Phone (509) 662-9671